Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Madison Core Laboratories offers a comprehensive toxicology test menu with screening and confirmation capabilities for employee drug screening and medical drug monitoring. Our laboratory offers individualized testing protocols to identify 10 drug categories and 55 individual drug compounds including drug metabolite. Immunoassay screening results are confirmed utilizing HPLC and LC/MS instrumentation. We also offer stereoisomer methamphetamine determination.
Why Toxicology Testing with Madison Core Laboratories?
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients, by optimizing medical care and outcomes for each individual through the utilization of personalized medicine.
There are many benefits of toxicology testing with Madison Core Laboratories. Doctors and clients can use our toxicology services to:
- Monitor patient medication compliance
- Evidence to document patient adherence
- Detect possible negative drug interactions
- Prevent drug misuse or abuse
- Prevent drug diversion
- Disclose the use of illicit drugs
- Protect the patient, payer, and physician.
Our Toxicology Testing
We offer the ability to test urine samples. The collection is minimally invasive, producing both qualitative and quantitative results.
Madison Core Laboratories uses Liquid Chromatography Tandem-Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) to confirm presumptive positives with quantitative results.
Madison Core Laboratories’ toxicology system is a two-step process ensuring the most accurate results for our clients:
- All tests are initially processed using immunoassay. The initial immunoassay screen delivers qualitative results (positive or negative) based on pre-established cut-off levels.
- Madison Core Laboratories will confirm results by LC/MS/MS. This testing method is the most sensitive and specific to help exclude false positive results as well as confirm positive results.
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is an invasive, specific technology, nearly eliminating the margin for error
- Cut-off levels for LC/MS/MS are lower, increasing the level of sensitivity and specificity.
- Madison Core Laboratories test for both parent drugs and metabolites, which allows for a broader scope of knowledge regarding patient medication, compliance, or illicit drug use.
We offer initial POC testing options
A final report will be posted within 48 hours, excluding Saturday and Sunday
Easy to view results on the web-based portal